Edge at Cambridge University Hospitals
Since 2017 Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) have been using Edge, a Local Portfolio Management System (LPMS), to capture clinical trials data and support the delivery and maintenance of research at CUH.
If you work on studies adopted to the NIHR Portfolio, it is a mandatory requirement to upload patient recruitment data to Edge.
- LPMS / Edge data now feeds and flows directly to the Central Portfolio Management System (CPMS)
- Edge covers Portfolio study recruitment only
FIND OUT MORE:
The boxes below each contain more relevant information relating to Edge.
POSTPONEMENT OF EDGE TRAINING
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic all Edge training sessions for NHS staff with responsibility for confirming recruitment activity from Edge in CPMS have been cancelled with immediate effect. New dates when training can be resumed will be posted on the NIHR Cambridge BRC and CUH websites. Thank you for your patience.
New dates will be confirmed soon.
Click on the link to register your interest.
These are informal sessions that last no more than an hour and include:
- Short introduction to the changes
- Video Presentation
- Key FACTS: What you need to know
- Q&A Session
- Details of how to book further Edge training
All research staff must attend one of these drop-in sessions, if they haven’t already done so. The sessions apply to all research staff.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more please contact the email below.
Unless your study is an EXCEPTION, all your recruitment activity should be uploaded into Edge only – there should be no duplication of data entry.
If you are working on an exception study, you should already be aware and know where and to whom you should be sending recruitment activity. If you need assistance with whom you should be sending recruitment activity to for an exception study, please email: CUHedge@addenbrookes.nhs.uk
Not sure if your study is an exception study? Please click on this spreadsheet (updated 09.12.19), which lists the studies currently open at Cambridge University Hospitals and whether their recruitment activity needs to be uploaded to Edge (LPMS) or CPMS.
This spreadsheet is not accurate by status of study, but raw data only to indicate the method that recruitment activity needs to be uploaded (EDGE or CPMS). This list will be updated monthly.
If the study you are looking for does not appear on the list, or you need further assistance, please email CUHedge@addenbrookes.nhs.uk.
- You should upload recruitment activity for portfolio studies to Edge
- Unless your study is listed as an exception (see spreadsheet)
- Do NOT duplicate data by entering it into both Edge and CPMS
- What is research activity data? (5:58 mins)
- Watch the short video below to find out about changes to the way the CRN captures research activity data through LPMS/CPMS (4:08 mins)
Please note that the bitly links (which we use to shorten URL links) in the below resources are case sensitive.