Where your research is made possible
The Cambridge Biomedical campus is one of the largest biomedical campuses in Europe. Cambridge University Hospitals is a leading national centre for specialist treatment, one of only six academic health science centres in the UK and a university teaching hospital with an international reputation. Our site provides access to state-of-the-art clinical research facilities to support experimental, innovative research including first-in-human trials.
What we do
Our partnership between Cambridge University Hospitals and the University of Cambridge is a central component to the success of the NIHR Cambridge BRC.
We maintain strong partnerships with a range of health organisations and benefit from the expertise of world-leading researchers, scientists, academics and NHS clinicians working at Cambridge University Health Partners:
We are your one-stop shop
- The Cambridge Biomedical Campus contributes over £2bn to UK economy
- Global pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca headquartered on site
- 21,000 people, including researchers, scientists and clinicians, employed on site – and this figure is growing
- Unique place to facilitate your research – entire infrastructure and facilities located on one campus
- Our campus supports over 1,000 studies at any one time, from early-phase pre-clinical work to late-phase trials
- Home to the NIHR Cambridge Clinical Research Facility, a 4400 sq m state-of-the-art building dedicated to conducting inpatient and outpatient research.
- The campus hosts the NIHR BioResource for Translational Research in Common and Rare Diseases, which has more than 217,000 people who are willing to be recalled and participate in research across the country – while the NIHR BioResource Cambridge Centre has more than 17,000 recallable local participants
Supporting your research
In addition to our facilities and expertise, we offer industry partners support with:
- trial design/product development and clinical strategy
- regulatory and conduct analysis approvals
- networking with companies/researchers across the wider research community, NHS and NIHR
We are proud of our strong relationships with industry on and off the campus, including AstraZeneca and GSK (GlaxoSmithKline), as well as organisations such as the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, MRC (Medical Research Council), the Sanger Institute and the Wellcome Trust, and are happy to collaborate with businesses of all sizes.
Getting to the campus
We have excellent transport links to London (45 minutes from Cambridge to King’s Cross), across England and are close to the M11.
Public transport is the recommended way to get to and from the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. As the campus continues to grow, public transport services are increasing so our patients, staff and visitors can access the site with ease.
Direct train services from London Kings Cross and London Liverpool Street run to Cambridge every 30 minutes.
The Cambridge Biomedical Campus has its own bus station at the front of the site. There are multiple bus services from the Cambridge train station to the campus which run frequently throughout the day. Approximate journey time to the campus is 10 minutes. View timetables on:
Cambridge Biomedical Campus is the ideal setting for world-class experimental medicine and research at any stage of your project.